About the project
This is a project, which addresses the issue of plastic invasion of our communities and households with a purpose to bring the message of a safe and healthy environment closer to the citizens through civic education enabled by land art installation.
Five organizations decided to use their capabilities and expertise to produce a Moodle based e-learning platform with content capable to serve the project needs. The content includes 5 tutorials: info-doc , land art installation centered civic events, digital skills needed to handle the Moodle based platform, socio-civic skills required to shape civic events and dissemination to support the profile and follow-up of the e-learning platform. Each tutorial includes examples of good practice and an evaluation chapter. Anybody using the platform should be able to design a civic event to their own needs.
The partners’ staff act as content developers and are trained by the platform maker on how to use it to be able to design and organize land art installation centered civic events with different community groups such as children, seniors, disadvantaged people, youth, and artists.
At the end of the project there is a European consortium in place with a leading team, a joint pool of trained staff capable to provide training and development support when needed, a joint website, a joint e-learning platform and a number of partnerships and project ideas ready for new applications.
All implementation steps lead to a comprehensive intellectual output including 5 developed tutorials, based on the combined expertise of each of the 5 partners, experience exchange and learning new skills. The end product is an educational on-line tool which allows a cascade training system, from staff to facilitators. The grant is requested for staff involvement in the development process, their experience exchange and learning new skills and the preparation of the educational tool for the train the trainer phase after the project.
There are 3 planned project processes including:
- making 5 tutorials which by using 1, more or all, lead to the development of competencies needed by facilitators who work with community groups in civic events;
- mirroring and enhancing the tutorials by installing them on an adapted Moodle e-learning platform;
- having the staff involved in the development of the assessment chapter by designing art installation-centered civic events for the 5 countries, with selected community groups and relying on the adapted Moodle e-learning platform.
There are 2 short-term staff training sessions planned, one in Spain and another in Lithuania. 3 staff members from each country need workspace, Internet connection, stationary both before and after. Between the two trainings, in 5 months’ time, each partner needs to organize the FB sites, one info-session and held an on-line session with the ICT trainer to decide community groups for civic actions.
Expected results are:
- Moodle based e- learning platform including 5 tutorials meant for facilitators of civic events with a range of community groups;
- A 3 days multiplier event taking place in Italy, to promote the Moodle based e-learning platform to professionals from Italy and Mediterranean and Western Europe + contact seminar for future projects.
- A 3 days multiplier event taking place in Romania to promote the Moodle based e-learning platform to the country professionals, Eastern and Central Europe professionals +contact seminar for future projects.
- A 3 days multiplier events taking place in Bulgaria to promote the Moodle based e-learning platform to the country professionals and eligible Balkan professionals +contact seminar for future projects.
- A 3 days multiplier event taking place in Lithuania to promote the Moodle based e-learning platform to the professionals from Lithuania, Baltic and Northern countries.
- A multilingual project website.
- 5 local FB sites in the local language to ensure interaction between the project and mobilize facilitators and community groups for events.
- A string of min 10 cross border land installation centered events (min 2 per country) to take place after the training in Spain and after the training in Lithuania.
- 4 newsletters in English to ensure Europe-wide dissemination of the project. Designed by the coordinator of the dissemination Module by consultation with the partners.
- The project logo to be developed by the coordinator of the dissemination module taking into consideration that it could become the logo of the future European consortium to be set up by the end of the project.
- Minimum 4×5 local info sessions to take place, one in each country after each transnational activity, in the country language; formats to be designed by the coordinator of the dissemination module in agreement with the partners with a minimum content.
The project partnership include a variety of organizations from Romania (coordinator – seniors organization), Spain (ICT company), Italy (land art installation artists), Lithuania (civic adult learning), Bulgaria (dissemination).
- Initiativa Cetatenilor Seniori (Romania) is an association supporting seniors’ active involvement in civic activities. Adult learning, particularly informal and mainly trans-generational involving multi-generational families and/or community groups is their main concern.
- BASD (Bulgaria) International’s mission is to foster the well-being of all human beings by promoting sustainable economic development, inter-cultural dialogue, and facilitating access to lifelong learning, especially in the developing nations of the Balkans.
- Plasticfood project centro culturale ed artistico (Italy) – an association involved in environmental issues, in particular waste reduction. Mission: to eliminate waste production because of its cost in terms of money, environmental impact, energy (need energy to produce it and to dispose of it).
- European Social Entrepreneurship and Innovative Studies Institute (Lithuania) is a consulting and training institution dedicated to innovative teaching methods, strategy creation, and development of sustainable entrepreneurship.
- Inercia Digital (Spain) is a young Andalusian social company with outlets European wide. Its main target is to contribute with innovative solutions to both e-business and web entrepreneurship skills for organizations, SMEs and entrepreneurs (e-learning on e-business).
Ponas Organikis changed its name to Žali Žmogeliukai
Civic event “Life amoung garbage stinks” in Lithuania by Italian artist Monsignori Pierluigi Posty
Project website Plastic Free
Follow us on Facebook – Ponas Organikis
Successful 1st Partners Meeting in Romania, January 2016.