On the 1st August 2015 a new project called VOYAGE was been launched. This COSME programme of the European Union co-funded project aims to develop a new self-sustainable tourism product, which will promote entrepreneurship and tourism sector.
The first partners meeting of VOYAGE was held in Lithuania on 9th – 13th September 2015. Organizational and cultural activities were performed in Vilnius, Ventė, Nida and Trakai.
During the meeting, the main focus was on transnational mobility scheme of the training, the most efficient awareness raising activities and development of training content.
Short description of project:
VOYAGE project will develop a new self-sustainable tourism product – entrepreneurial travel, which consists of theoretical and practical activities for young people interested in tourism industry. During the theoretical training of entrepreneurial travel the participants will be introduced to leadership, decision-making, team-work, communication and marketing theories as well as self-sustainable development schemes and promotion strategies. Participants will visit successful companies of tourism value chain, where they will get a chance to hear exclusive business success stories directly from the owners who managed to earn millions from their ideas. Whereas during the practical training participants will get familiar with specific sailing features of Mediterranean Sea, will visit naval touristic sites, will participate in sailing simulations and later will take a challenge in actual sailing with professional and experienced captains.
VOYAGE project consortium is composed from 8 partners from 6 different countries:
Coordinator: Europe Social Entrepreneurship and Innovative Studies Institute (Lithuania).
Lithuanian sailing union (Lithuania)
Top Kinisis Hellas MEPE (Greece)
Ünlü Apart Pansiyon and Cruises (Turkey)
WSTHM (Instytut Turystyki w Warszawie) (Poland)
Objectives of VOYAGE project:
- Minimum of 60 participants selected in the program
- Two week courses of theoretical and practical assignments
- 2 tracks mobility scheme sailing in Mediterranean sea
- Develop new self sustainable tourism product – entrepreneurial travel
- Help to develop new ideas that could be turned into successful business
- Carefully plan and prepare new entrepreneurs for successful implementation of their business
- Visits to successful companies of tourism value chain
Objectives of the Call:
- Support the extension of the tourism season, hence contributing to improve SME’s competitiveness and jobs growth
- Foster transnational cooperation among the widest possible number of actors along the tourism value chain
- Facilitate European public-private partnerships
- Foster youth’ wider sense of European citizenship trough increased intra-EU mobility
Target group: young people (18-29 year) interested in tourism industry and in gaining entrepreneurship skills, as well as those who are willing relate their work-future with tourism industry
Call: COS- TFLOWS-2014-3-15
Title of the project: Valuable Opportunities You Are Given in Europe
Duration of the project: 13 months
Project duration and start date: 1st August, 2015
Co-funded by the COSME programme of the European Union
Contact information for inquiries: