Aim of the Project
The main aim of the Equality in Practice and Work project is to respond to the needs of Mihail Kogalniceanu High School graduates to develop their professional skills in accordance to the European standards, improving their chances to be equal with graduates with similar profile in the labour market.
The duration of the ‘‘Equality in Practice and Work’’ is carried out for 16 months from 3rd of July, 2016 to 2nd of November, 2017.
Target group of the Equality in Practice and Work project is 34 students of Mihail Kogalniceanu High School who are enrolled in one of the following fields: technology, food and tourism.
Participants’ Selection Process
Project partners aim to select 34 participants and 10 backup candidates. Participates will be selected according to their scores. Selection will be based on:
– professional interests,
– motivation in participation in the project activities,
– results of practical test in the field of tourism,
– proficiency in communication in a foreign language.
In case of equal scores there will be supplementary evaluations.
Minimum Criteria for Participants:
– Students have to be enrolled in Mihail Kogalniceanu High School in one of the programmes: technology, food or tourism;
– Average level of English skills;
– Strong motivation for participating in mobility activities;
The association Liceul Teoretic Mihail Kogalniceanu (Romania) together with partners Anaptyxiako Kentro Thessalias (Greece), ‘IBD Solutions Limited (United Kingdom)’ and European Social Entrepreneurship and Innovative Studies Institute (Lithuania)’ started to implement Erasmus+ project No. 2016-1-RO01-KA102-024162, called “Equality in Practice and Work”.
Mihail Kogalnineanu High School is the coordinator of the Equality in Practice and Work project. Anaptyxiako Kentro Thessalias, IBD Partnership and European Social Entrepreneurship and Innovative Studies Institute are project partners and host organizations for interns.
- Mihail Kogalniceanu High School in Snagov, Romania, a state institution, with levels of primary, secondary and gymnasium classes, which include technology profile classes with services specialization (tourism technician).
- ANAPTYXIAKO KENTRO THESSALIAS in Trikala, Greece, is a non-profit center/provider for continuing professional education and training (VET) and a development center.
- IBD Partnership in Portsmouth, UK, plan and manage training for students, entrepreneurs and employees and the disabled and disadvantaged.
- Social Entrepreneurship and Innovative European Studies Institute in Klaipeda, Lithuania, is a consulting and training institution dedicated to innovative teaching methods, creating strategies, and developing sustainable entrepreneurship.
The main activity is training during the internship for students from technological, food and tourism professional fields, who seek to gain higher qualification. Mihail Kogalniceanu High School will send their students for internship to partnering institution in three different European countries.
Plan of activities:
I. Prior project activities: arranging the schedule of activities and responsibilities of participants, signing, organizing selection of students, preparing information materials, organization of mobility, training the participants.
II. October 2016 – first mobility activity in Greece. Internship of mobility will be structured in four sub-activities: identifying skills, knowledge and competencies existing among the participants; preparation and training the students to participate in practical work in relevant companies’ profile; effective participation in different work positions; assessment of skills acquired during practice. During the mobility activity there will be permanent monitoring and support activities.
III. Preparation of activities for the second stage of mobility and activities to disseminate the results achieved in the first mobility stage.
- March 2017 will be the second stage of mobility in the UK. Internships will have the same structure as those of Greece; yet improvements that can be accepted on the basis of previous experience.
- Preparation activities for the third stage of mobility and activities to disseminate the results obtained in the first two mobility stages.
- July 2017 will be held the third mobility activity in Lithuania with the same structure as those conducted in previous mobility’s stages.
VII. Dissemination of mobility and integration of results in the current work and the impact assessment.
Internships will be structured as follows:
– Identifying the skills, knowledge and competencies that already exist;
– Preparing and training students for participation in working practice in the relevant company profile;
– Effective participation in various positions profile specific;
– Assessing the skills acquired during practice.
Objectives of the Project:
– to increase motivation of students to choose tourism sector; create better prerequisites for professional insertion in labour market at the regional, national and European level.
– to improve language, cultural, social and entrepreneurial skills for 34 students of the Mihail Kogalniceanu High School, tourism and food preparation specialisation, during the ten days of practice in order to increase their employability in the European labour market.
– to adjust the procedures for carrying out internships by introducing new and innovative work methods and tools discovered during the 10 days of practice to external partners for high school accompanying teachers.
– to upgrade techniques for assessing professional competence by aligning to the requirements standard of European partners.
– to prepare project proposal for five project partners consortium in the period of 3rd July 2016 – 2nd November 2017.
– Equalization of employability of graduates from technological, food and tourism fields in European labour market.
– Improved competencies of participants in the technological, food and tourism field according to the of foreign tourists.
– Stronger partnership of the project partners in developing professional competencies at European level.
– Number of entrepreneurial initiatives beyond the borders of partners’ countries.